1. M.A. Meyers, A. Mishra, D.J. Benson, Mechanical properties of nanocrystalline materials, Progress in materials science, 51 (2006) 427-556.
2 N. Tao, X. Wu, M. Sui, J. Lu, K. Lu, Grain refinement at the nanoscale via mechanical twinning and dislocation interaction in a nickel-based alloy, Journal of materials research, 19 (2004) 1623-1629.
3. N. Tao, H. Zhang, J. Lu, K. Lu, Development of nanostructures in metallic materials with low stacking fault energies during surface mechanical attrition treatment (SMAT), Materials Transactions, 44 (2003) 1919-1925.
4. P. Herrasti Gonzalez, C. Ponce de Leon, F. Walsh, The corrosion behaviour of nanograined metals and alloys, Revista De Metalurgia, 48 (2012) 377-394.
5. K. Lu, J. Lu, Nanostructured surface layer on metallic materials induced by surface mechanical attrition treatment, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 375 (2004) 38-45.
6. N. Tao, J. Lu, K. Lu, Surface nanocrystallization by surface mechanical attrition treatment, Materials Science Forum, Trans Tech Publ, 2008, pp. 91-108.
7. F. Kargar, M. Laleh, T. Shahrabi, A.S. Rouhaghdam, Effect of treatment time on characterization and properties of nanocrystalline surface layer in copper induced by surface mechanical attrition treatment, Bulletin of Materials Science, 37 (2014) 1087-1094.
8. K. Wang, N.R. Tao, G. Liu, J. Lu, K. Lu, Plastic strain-induced grain refinement at the nanometer scale in copper, Acta Materialia, 54 (2006) 5281-5291.
9. X. Wu, N. Tao, Y. Hong, G. Liu, B. Xu, J. Lu, K. Lu, Strain-induced grain refinement of cobalt during surface mechanical attrition treatment, Acta Materialia, 53 (2005) 681-691.
10. N.R. Tao, Z.B. Wang, W.P. Tong, M.L. Sui, J. Lu, K. Lu, An investigation of surface nanocrystallization mechanism in Fe induced by surface mechanical attrition treatment, Acta Materialia, 50 (2002) 4603-4616.
11. M. Laleh, F. Kargar, Effect of surface nanocrystallization on the microstructural and corrosion characteristics of AZ91D magnesium alloy, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509 (2011) 9150-9156.
12. R. Huang, Y. Han, The effect of SMAT-induced grain refinement and dislocations on the corrosion behavior of Ti–25Nb–3Mo–3Zr–2Sn alloy, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 33 (2013) 2353-2359.
13. S. Kumar, K. Chattopadhyay, V. Singh, Effect of surface nanostructuring on corrosion behavior of Ti–6Al–4V alloy, Materials Characterization, 121 (2016) 23-30.
14. L. Wen, Y. Wang, Y. Zhou, L. Guo, J.-H. Ouyang, Microstructure and corrosion resistance of modified 2024 Al alloy using surface mechanical attrition treatment combined with microarc oxidation process, Corrosion Science, 53 (2011) 473-480.
15. T. Balusamy, S. Kumar, T.S. Narayanan, Effect of surface nanocrystallization on the corrosion behaviour of AISI 409 stainless steel, Corrosion Science, 52 (2010) 3826-3834.
16. T. Balusamy, T.S. Narayanan, K. Ravichandran, I.S. Park, M.H. Lee, Influence of surface mechanical attrition treatment (SMAT) on the corrosion behaviour of AISI 304 stainless steel, Corrosion Science, 7 (2013) 332-344.
17. T.H. De Keijser, J. Langford, E.J. Mittemeijer, A. Vogels, Use of the Voigt function in a single-line method for the analysis of X-ray diffraction line broadening, Journal of Applied Crystallography, 15 (1982) 308-314.
18. A. Nikfahm, I. Danaee, A. Ashrafi, M. Toroghinejad, Effect of grain size changes on corrosion behavior of copper produced by accumulative roll bonding process, Materials Research, 16 (2013) 1379-1386.